Designer bags are among the most favorite items of women all around the world. They are not only beautiful but also one of the best ways for ladies to define their personalities. In the last post, we have mentioned how to clean LV bags, now it is time for another famous brand’s bags. The question is: how to clean a Gucci bag easily?
How to Clean A Gucci Bag
Gucci Canvas Bag
With this type of material, you can clean your bag with a clean damp cloth with slightly soapy water only. This step is important to prevent the color transfer of the coated canvas. In addition to that, remember to rub gently the surface of the coated canvas bag and avoid the leather trims. After that, use another clean dry cloth to dry off the bag.
Gucci Fabric Bag
For the fabric bags, you can use a soft brush to get the dirt off of the fabric inside out. Then, continue with a sponge dipped in warm soapy water to wipe the bag. The sponge can help remove water stains and scuffs. The final step is to hang it up until completely dry.
Gucci Leather Bag
Unlike the two kinds of materials above, never soak the bag in water or use other normal chemicals to clean leather bags. In order not to damage your bag, you can take some specific leather cleaner or use a dry towel to wipe it.
A more secure solution for you is to bring your designer handbag to the spa and let an expert clean, especially if it is a suede item. Of course, they have many experiences in the field. Therefore, your bag will surely look much cleaner and the marks and stains reduce or disappear.
Others Useful Tips to protect Gucci bags
Tips for cleaning your Gucci bags
- Before using anything in your fabric bags, you can dampen a small area at the exterior bottom of the bag, then see what happens. If the material doesn’t ripple and the color stays, clean your bag with water and soap.
- Use the leather protectant on your leather products before your first wearing. The clear leather spray can prevent harmful things that can make spots in your items.
- Take care of your Gucci bags with a good-quality leather conditioner. It is a great helper in moisturizing the leather and keeping the purse soft and smooth. Remember to read the guidelines on the container to choose the suitable conditioner and let the leather dry before storing.
Tips for maintaining your Gucci bags
- After using your Gucci, make sure to preserve it in its breathable dust bag. If you lost the dust bag, use a white cotton pillowcase instead. Besides, don’t forget to wrap any chrome or metal hardware in acid-free tissue paper.
- Loosen any attached accessories such as straps or buckles to prevent them from leaving indentations or creases in the leather.
- Use separate pouches or protective containers for your stuff like your makeup, handwash before putting them in the bag to avoid accidental spills.